Wear Resistant Steels
Steels for structures
Hard From Edge to Edge
Miilux Wear Resistant steels have significantly greater abrasion resistance than ordinary structural steels. Wear resistant steels are used when the aim is to decrease dead load, abrasion, surface defects or the impacts of blows and knocks. Typical applications of Miilux wear resistant steels are structures exposed to abrasive wear by soil, gravel and mineral aggregates, such as buckets, crushers and conveyors.
Miilux abrasion resistant steel grades are:
- Miilux 400
- Miilux 450
- Miilux 500
- Miilux Crusher 530
- Miilux 600
Ordinary wear-resistant steel
2. Cutting, bevelling, machining and bending
- Significant loss of hardness on flame-cut surfaces
- Sections wear faster
- Machined parts can only have a hardness of 400HB
- Hardened parts are expensive to machine
Miilux wear-resistant steels
1. Cutting, bevelling, machining and bending
- Parts are Hard from Edge to Edge
- Superior wear resistance
- Machined parts can be hardened up to 600 HB
- Cost-effective machining
Miilux Wear Resistant steels
Miilux produces wear resistant steel plates both as standard stock sizes 2,450 x 6,000 mm and according to the customer’s dimensions. The maximum width of plates is 2,500 mm and maximum length 6,000 mm.
Miilux wear resistant steel plates are available in the following thicknesses Miilux 400 5–120 mm, Miilux 450 6–70 mm and Miilux 500 5–70 mm. Other thicknesses can be produced to order.
Miilux abrasion resistant steel plates can be identified with the following markings
- Manufacturer’s stamp
- Order data, e.g. M47251
- Steel grade e.g. MIILUX 400
- Dimensions e.g. 6 x 2,000 x 6,000
- Charge number e.g. 46892-46-13
- Plate number (stamped)Miilux Crusher 530Miilux Crusher 530 steel grade is called crusher steel mainly for its applications. The mechanical properties of Crusher 530 are best suited for crusher side plates. It is also suitable for other components that are fastened with bolts and used from both sides. Crusher 530 can be welded but it is not suitable for welded structures.The Miilux Crusher 530 steel grade is available with plate thicknesses ranging from 20 to 40 mm and only as ready-for-installation components.
Co-working with Miilux is going well and their service is always efficient. Delivery times have been kept as on contract and in urgent matters, Miilux has strived to find the quickest possible solutions.
The new Miilux bucket has a very good design and therefore an excellent filling level. Now Komatsu bed can be filled with 5-6 bucket scoops. Rotation got faster. With less rotation you get more efficient and move more tons by a litre. Konepörssi, Olli Päiviö, 12/2019.
Miilux has delivered all wearing parts for our crushers with such a certainty and speed, that we haven’t had the need to think about other options. The best part of Miilux is their fast reaction to unexpected events possibly happening on site. Euröpörssi, 8/2014.
Buckets dig in deeper than before. We are less in a hurry now and we have less to worry about. The best part is that we’re also saving thousands in cold hard cash.
Earlier the buckets could break at welded areas, especially outside in the freezing cold. Those sort of problems dissapeared when we started using Miilux bucket parts, such as bolt-on cutting edges.
We would like to compliment you for your guideline of the welding process. With its aid our vehicles have excellent strength of the hull and do not get damaged even in extreme conditions.